The Curved Facemask – Headbands
Steps to putting on a reusable face mask
- It is recommended by the South African government to have TWO masks on hand. One to use and one to wash. Once the mask has been washed and dried, use a hot iron and iron the mask to kill off any unwanted bacteria
- Before putting on the mask, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or rub your hands together thoroughly with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Position the curved side of the mask at the nose and the straighter side of the mask on the chin. Make sure the mask covers your nose, mouth and chin.
- Place the stretch loops around the head and neck. Be sure the mask fits snugly.
- Don’t touch the mask once in position.
- Use the mask ONCE and put it in the wash immediately. When taking off the mask, take it off only by the straps.
- After taking off the mask, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or rub your hands together thoroughly with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- For an extra layer of protection and a filter, place a double layer of tissue paper on the inside of the mask and dispose of it once the mask has been removed.
PLEASE NOTE: This mask will only help minimise the spread of the virus as a barrier on your nose and mouth. It will not eliminate the chances of spreading or contracting the disease. It is still vital to regularly wash your hands, not touch your face and respect social distancing guidelines.
NEW measurement estimates below (as of 21 May 2020).